Tropical Turf, also known as Buffalo, Carpet Grass or Broadleaf, is an economical, creeping, stoloniferous, perennial, warm season grass. It has wide leaves (approx. 6mm) with blunt and rounded tips that have a unique curling along the edges. The turf will form a dense mat and crowd out other lawn species.
Best suited to sub-tropical and tropical regions of Australia, Tropical Turf will thrive in low fertility areas.
Tropical Turf will grow in most soil types – from clay to sandy soil- as long as moisture is available. It is not suitable for very sandy soils as it has a shallow root system.
Benefits of Tropical Turf:
- Ideal for home lawns and semi-shaded areas
- Up to 70% shade tolerant
- Requires little maintenance
- One of the only lawns that may be left to grow long and then mowed down without any scalping
Concerns with Tropical Turf:
- Poor low temperature tolerance
- Will not grow in very sandy or waterlogged soils
- Low wear and tear tolerance
- Low herbicide tolerance
We invite you to read more about our Complete Support Guarantee or Contact Us For Advice on the best lawn choice for your Life Style, Family, Landscape and/or Commercial project. We are local and we are here to provide good honest advice. If you are ready for an obligation free quote, simply fill in the form below and we will get back promptly.